cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data recall

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello - 

I have a VI that graphs data from 36 thermocouple channels.

Data saved as CSV file.

I like to take a screen capture at the end of each run but forgot to do one.

Can I recall the data into LabView to get my screen capture after the fact?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,414 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author smryan

Just read the appropriate csv file. Read from Speadsheet or Read From Measurement File. Whatever complimentary function you used to write the data.

Message 2 of 7
(2,412 Views)

Dennis, I don't see "read" as an option anywhere in my LabView menus.I guess its not that easy.

ahhh.... I do see it in the help files.... YIKES!  It looks very daunting to this beginner.  But at least I have the right terminology to find it and give it a try now.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,401 Views)

Same menu as the function you used to write. Probably right next to the function you used to write.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,395 Views)

So I'll see it in the VI editing menus - OK, good.  I can't mess with it right now as I have a test running.  I was initially looking in the File options for some sort of simple import.  Having to edit the VI is... doable... but less easy than I'd hoped for.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,384 Views)

They are in the File I/O palette and they are simple. No such thing as an Edit palette. Are you even searching the function palette from the block diagram? Did you have anything at all with writing the code?

I would just create a new VI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,379 Views)

As I said, I'm running a test now, so editing the VI isn't something I'm willing to do at the moment.  

Forgive me if I don't have the proper terminology down - VI editing = block diagram.

As I said - I am a beginner.

The original VI was written by someone else, I've expanded and adapted it to its present functionality.

Did I mention - I am a beginner.  Oh I think I did.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,375 Views)