LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data dashboard

Hello,

We are trying to send an ECG signal from labview in laptop, to the data dashboard app in android phone. However, The signal appearing in the data dashboard app doesnt quite look like an ECG signal!

Could you please let us know the sample rate at which a signal is being sent to Data Dashboard App.

Is there anyother labview application available that we can download,  to view an ECG signal  (ECG signal sent from laptop to phone)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,596 Views)

IIRC, data dashboard uses shared variables wich are relatively slow (e.g <<100 Hz, 10 is reasonable)  and non-deterministic (e.g. the shared variable engine on the windows host machine is a background process that executes when it "feels" like it). What data type are you using? Would you be OK transmitting "frames" of waveforms? Perhaps an array of values?

Philip
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,585 Views)

Here are the update rates for Data Dashboard.

Data Dashboard Update Rates

Are you using web services or shared variables?  

Cheers,

Brandon V.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,546 Views)
Am using shared variables.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,529 Views)

The graph should be updating approx 5 times a second.  Is that what you are seeing?  I'm guessing that if a person's pulse is around 80, you wouldn't get much resolution in the ECG graph at 5 points per second.

Another option would be to use Data Dashboard 2.  That would allow you to use a polling web service which polls for new data every 0.3 seconds, but can grab an array of points instead of single measurements.  You could then update a chart with hundreds or thousands of points every 0.3 seconds.  That should give you plenty of resolution.

Data Dashboard 2 is available on iPads now, and we are hard at work to bring it to Android tablets.

Cheers,

Brandon

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,510 Views)

Thank you so much Brandon! It was very informative

We are attaching the snapshots of the signal appearing in the data dashboard app of windows phone, when we tried to send an ECG from laptop and the correspoding vi in labview.

We don't have an ipad to use the updated version of Data Dashboard. So is there any other way to display an ECG signal in a smartphone?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,465 Views)

Hi Philip,

Thank you so much!. We din't understand what you mean by data type. But, we tried sending a real time ECG singal using DAQ assistant, and alternatively we also sent a prerecorded ECG signal from .lvm file.

Yeah, we are ok with sending frames of waveforms, could you please let us know how that would be possible.   

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,459 Views)

Hi anbujee,

I don't know of an off the shelf solution for viewing data like yours on a phone.  It could be done with web services and a custom app if you want to invest some time into it.  I will bring this up with members of the development team to let them know that there is interest in being able to display array data on a phone.

Cheers,

Brandon V.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,191 Views)

Hi,

I am trying to send an ECG signal from labview to data dashboard (the ecg data is acquired using the Texas Instrument's ADS1298/C5515 MDK). I am able to save an ECG recording from the PC application included in the kit (the file type is .ecg). I want to send the ecg data to data dashboard and recreate the waveform on the Ipad. I also want to be able to update the waveform observed on the Ipad as the devie acquires more data points. 

Thanks,

Alex 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,793 Views)

Hi Alex,

That sounds like a good project Alex.  Let us know if you have any questions.  If you have Data Dashboard related questions, the forum for those can be found here.

Cheers,

Brandon V.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,784 Views)