LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data.ctl

A data.ctl is connected with a state machine. I deleted the data.ctl file by mistake, now I want to create another one, but I didn't find the function.   Can anyone tell me how to create a data.ctl?

capture.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,441 Views)

Hi cantata,

create a control for that wire. Then save that control as (new) typedefinition…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 7
(3,416 Views)

Sorry I misread the original post

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,329 Views)

Hi, there was an independant data.ctl file before, but I deleted it by mistake.  Now the front panel looks like this:

Untitled.png

The previous settings are still there, but they can't be used. How can I make them real and save as type definition?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,294 Views)

If you've got a picture of the Control (like you attached), simply open a new VI, drop down a blank Cluster on the Front Panel, and start building.  Start with a Boolean Control, name it Run?.  Find where you use the WANL Reference (on your Block Diagram) and create a Control there, name it WANL ref and add the Control (on the Front Panel) to the Cluster, add a Numeric called Counter, etc.  When you have the Cluster all made, right-click it and "Make Type Def".  Now open Type Def and do any final editing (maybe name it Data) and save it somewhere with a suitable name.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,283 Views)
Or select to disconnect from typedef, select to edit the control, and save it in the control editor.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,275 Views)

Is it in the recycle bin?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,204 Views)