From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data acquisition through sound card

Hello,

i am interested in analog signals directly using the sound card. Currently i want to be on the lower cost side so i am not interested in purchasing any card.

My target is to acquire analog signals directly from the sound card. Currently i have interfaced a sine wave from a function generator through the sound card and succeeded but i don't know that other type of waves like square and triangular waves can't be interfaced.The output dont follow the shape of Input Wave.

I therefore require help form you people.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,547 Views)
Sound card is somewhat limited to sampling sound signals. Sound cards  do have as a rule of thumb a bandwidth from about 10 Hz to 20 KHz. This will also be true even if the samplerate should indicate a higher bandwidth. This because they use onboard filtering. It is many things a soundcard can not do like measuring temperature. Because the changes are slow. And due to the fact that they are AC coupled. Also remember that for square waves you will at least need a bandwidth 10 higher than the wave frequency due to the very high content of harmonics the steep edges produce.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,533 Views)