LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data acquisition of CV7-V wind sensor under labview using NI 9403

hello

I want to measure a numeric type RS232 signal at the output of a CV7-V wind sensor (attached PDF file)

I used the module CDAQ 9191 and NI 9403 under NI MAX and I got the result on the attached figure

how I can retrieve the information from this sensor under labview using CDAQ  9191 and 9403 Module

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,575 Views)

If it's an RS-232 Serial Device - why don't you use a serial port instead? That way you can just read the data using simple serial functions.

If you have to use a digital I/O device - then you will need to convert the signal into digital data (using the timing information of the RS-232 device) and then convert it into the numeric data output by the device. It's not something I've ever tried to do but have a look at the digital waveform functions in LabVIEW as that might help you convert the analogue signal into binary data which you can then convert into a string.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,563 Views)
It's just silly to try to write your own serial protocol decoder. An inexpensive USB-RS232 converter is all that you need for the nmea messages.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,546 Views)

thanks for you answers

I want to use 6 six wind sensors with the module 9403
So with RS232 or USB-RS232  it must pass through switches

I just want a complete solution NI for sensors measurement for all types of signals at the output sensors (analogue or digital).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,532 Views)
There would be no switches required. You can get multiple ports with a single USB connection. I've never heard of anyone creating serial connections from a digital I/O board. You would be on your own and it would take quite a bit of time.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,525 Views)

thanks for your reply

but  we can measure the speed and direction of the wind from CV7-V wind sensors
and that by using the 9403 digital I / O  module 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,516 Views)
That's fine but has nothing to do with RS-232. Do you work for free where the weeks/months it will take is less than the purchase price of an existing solution? I bought an 8 port device for less than 100 US$. That is about an hour of my time. You've already spent that much time and are not close to a solution. Have you been able to reliably capture a single frame? Once you have synched, parsing the data bits is relatively simple.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,512 Views)
And don't forget the external hardware that you need to convert the voltage levels. They could be as much as +/- 12 volts and are not ttl.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,504 Views)

Thank you for your contribution

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,483 Views)