LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daq assistant

I am using a NI USB DAQ 6009 for a project. Sensors are attached to the daq and then I am building a program on LabVIEW to look at the sensor information. I am using 4 channels from the daq. When building a program to use two different daq assist the program will not run why?? Is the anyway to have two daq assistances working in one block diagram??

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,130 Views)

could you post a screenshot of the vi, or the vi itself please. People will be able to help better if they can see the code

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,129 Views)

@Ails26 wrote:

I am using a NI USB DAQ 6009 for a project. Sensors are attached to the daq and then I am building a program on LabVIEW to look at the sensor information. I am using 4 channels from the daq. When building a program to use two different daq assist the program will not run why?? Is the anyway to have two daq assistances working in one block diagram??

Thank you

You can have more than one assistant running in a loop as long as they address different types of channels. You could have one analog and one digital for example. Or you could read four analog and ten digital and have to analog out. But you can not have two analog input channels and two analong input channels.

Tim
GHSP
Message 3 of 18
(3,121 Views)

Here is the code

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,115 Views)

I think that's must be the problem them Tim my FSR is coming into a analogue terminal ((ai1)and the accelerometer is coming also into analogue terminals (ai3,ai6,ai7) how can I fix it? Can I just move the fsr to the digital side?

When are there so many channels if u can only select on from each side (analogue and digital)? What would happen if I had 3 sensor linked to the daq?

Thanks TIM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,111 Views)
This has come up over and over again. Add all of your analog input channels to a single DAQ Assistant.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,099 Views)

When you add all of your analog channels into one assistant then you will need to index the array of data that is coming out to get the channel that you want for control and use the other for the graph. This will not be hard. Move all of your controls in the top while loop inside the bottom loop. Add the additional channel to the daq assistant there. Index the array to get the data that you need for each process and you are working.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,095 Views)

It should look like this when it is done.

Example.png

Tim
GHSP
Message 8 of 18
(3,092 Views)

Thanks Tim

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,082 Views)

By the way if you are going to design code this way you need to add a wait to the loop to keep from over loading your processor(s). Even adding a 10 ms wait would help (unless it takes longer than that for your code to exicute).

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,070 Views)