LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

curve fitting

Hello, it is a student from istanbul. I have a problem about curve fitting. I have two arrays with five elements in each and one of them decsribes the x axiz and the other one describes y. so as you can guess, i have five different points and i want to apply lineer fit to them. I almost checked all the examples in labview library but unfortunately havent found a solution for my application. I hope someone has an advice about it.

King Regards,

Emin Ekşi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,014 Views)
Hi!
   Have you looked under the function palette --> Analyze --> Mathematics --> curve fitting ?   I actually don't know if it is a separate plugin, I have Developer suite 7.1, and I have these functions on my function palette.

Anyway, if you don't have it, you'll have to implement manually a linear fit or interpolation from the formula.

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,010 Views)
The curve fitting functions are not part of the base package of LabVIEW.

Curve Fitting VIs help page

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,008 Views)
Hi,
   if you don't have it, you may give a look at "numerical recipes in C", ch 15-2.  It is a good starting point for implementing algorithms, without going too deep in theory behind them.  the book is freely available online.

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,004 Views)

Also there is a new curve fitting white paper on ni.com, talking about some curve fitting concept.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6954

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 6
(2,921 Views)
Nice WP!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,914 Views)