LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

current shutdown comparison

Hello,

I am trying to make labview display an error message if daq assistant is inputting  more then 1amp of current, but if it is less then 1 amp of current i want the program to continue on normally. I am not sure how to program this since the comparison operators output a boolean value in labview. Is there a way on how I can change it so it will output the data coming from DAQ assistant?

I appreciate all the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,891 Views)

You're going to want to go through some training.

NI Learning Center

NI Getting Started

-Hardware Basics

-LabVEW Basics

-DAQ Application Tutorials

-cRIO Developer's Guide

3 Hour LabVIEW Introduction

6 Hour LabVIEW Introduction
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required
LabVIEW Wiki on Training

Specifically what you are looking for is after a comparision is done, do this IF the condition, ELSE do something else.  That can easily be done with a case structure which chooses to execute one of two cases when a boolean is used.  The Select function can also be used to select one of two values of data, which are of the same data type.  Not sure if that would be useful.  When you have something you should post it so we can better help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,886 Views)

I figured it out. It just took some creative thinking from me. I had the knowledge but I just couldn't put all the pieces together.

How I did it is using a case structure inside a while loop. And then have an or boolean turn off the program.

Thank you for your help though!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,866 Views)