LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cumulative lethality calculation

Aug 7

Group:

I am having difficulty trying to obtain a cumulative addition action.

I am trying to calculate the cumulative lethality of a heat process using NI-9213 thermocouple module and Labview 2014.  The calculation consists of the temperature variable (x), reference temperature (r), and z-value (z) and the elasped time (t) between temperature logs.  The formula sits inside a 'formula node'.

I can obtain the first lethality reading, but the 'addition' part does not work.

I've included a snippet of my code and would appreciate any help.

thanks

tom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,418 Views)

You've got broken wires at the beginning of your snippet.  So it won't run to begin with.

Beyond that, I assume you are talking about the 2nd For Loop inside the larger For Loop.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "cumulative lethality", but if I were you, I'd sit down, think about how you would calculate by hand writing it down on a piece of paper.  Write it out like pseudo code, where you loop, what values carry from one loop iteration to the next.

Once you have that, it should be clearer as to how to write the LabVIEW code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,393 Views)

Aug 7

Group:

let me try to explain what I'm trying to accomplish.

After taking a temperature measure from 1 to 32 thermocouples, we calculate the lethality value associated with each temp.  

This is called the 'current lethality'.  At the next log of data, I want to add the new lethality values to the old lethality values.

in the end the cumulative lethality = (initial lethality + next lethality, + next lethality and so on until the test is over.

I can do the initial lethality, but the cumulative part leaves me stumped.

any help will be appreciated.

best regards

tom

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,349 Views)
Your code does not make any sense. The last for loop is the wrong place for the shift register and creating an array from the output of your calculation is wrong.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,326 Views)

@TomR2800 wrote:
At the next log of data, I want to add the new lethality values to the old lethality values.

in the end the cumulative lethality = (initial lethality + next lethality, + next lethality and so on until the test is over.

I can do the initial lethality, but the cumulative part leaves me stumped.

Keep the total in a shift register.  Then you just add your current lethality to your total lethality to get your new total lethality.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,309 Views)

Aug 7

Dennis:

that's why i'm asking for help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,275 Views)