LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating ultrasonic sensor?

Hi guys,

I am doing a project on Labview, called car parking occupancy using sensors.

fist i need to create the sensor module on LabView, Basically an ultrasonic sensor will detect the object send the signal. 

I would be really appreciate if you have any ideas...

So is there any chance to get help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,350 Views)

You need to be a bit more specific, is the ultra sonic sensor returning a pulse width proportional to the distance of the object it bounces off of? or is it an analog voltage proportional to the distance? Or it could be I2c ?

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,341 Views)

Thanks alan 

well first of all i need the create sensor network max number of 5 sensors, on labview. where it detects the impulse from sensors.

for an example when a car gets into the car parking lot the sensor will detect and send a signal that it will be occupied. green or red 

and after these ultrasonic sensors will be connected to the PCI card on a pc, the sensor's pulse will be detected using the labview solution.

but as i said first i need to program the it on labview.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,335 Views)

Actually FIRST you need to define what the program has to do, other wise you are putting the "cart before the horse" so to speak. Is the ultra sonic sensor you are using just a proximity detector or does it determine distance also. If it is strictly binary "On or OFF"  that is much different to deal with programaticly.

Alan

Message 4 of 16
(4,329 Views)

the sensor will not measure or detect any distance it will detect only when an object such as a vehicle gets in to the area.

because im new at labview i do not know how to create the system. as far as i know sensors will be connected to a micro controller and micro controller will give numeric number that how many occupied space and how many free spaces.

so what would you suggest me? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,322 Views)

Well, once again since you do not know IF a microcontroller is involved (you say "as far as I know" a microcontroller...) it is hard to write a program first. For instance the micro could talk to the LabVIEW program either serial or just via I/O pins.  It is still very vague to me exactly what you are after here. I understand the application, see how many cars are parked in the garage, and light an LED RED for "space taken" and GREEN for "space available" Did I get that correct??

If so, Are you trying to simulate this first with out any actual hardware attached to the LabVIEW PC? This would be done by using switches on the LabVIEW front panel to simulate the sensors in your garage, is this what you are after?

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

Do you have a DAQ already?

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,304 Views)

thanks a lot for the information

thats right i am trying to simulate the system on labview before i make actual hardware attached to the LabVIEW PC.

but after that i will attach it to the pc port and make it work.

once again a system that detects the pulse from sensors (where the sensors will be connected to the labview pc port's)

the features of the system will be

when an object perceived by sensor a led light will be turn in to red.

the system will detect how many occupied and unoccupied space in the car parking area (numeric display and thats what i meant micro-controller)

at home i am using student version but back at university is fully accessible version.

again thanks a lot for your patient 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,293 Views)

Is this a school assignment?  People will be more likely to help you here if you post what you've done and if you've run into a problem, ask for help.

The simulation is pretty simple--some controls and indicators and a little arithmetic, and some decorations on the FP to make it look like a parking lot.

C'mon, you're a university student.  You can do it.

Ed

Edward Motts
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,267 Views)

****the features of the system will be

when an object perceived by sensor a led light will be turn in to red.

the system will detect how many occupied and unoccupied space in the car parking area (numeric display and that's what I meant micro-controller)******

Based on the above statement I think your simulation boils down to the following:

Place 5 Boolean switches on the front panel, to simulate the sensor inputs. You manually control them.

Place 5 LEDs on the front panel, Red means occupied, Green means available.

Place 1 numeric indicator on the front panel, this will hold the number of cars parked.

Place a Stop button on the front panel, to end the simulation.

On the block diagram:

Study up on what type of  "structure" you will need to use, while loop, for loop, whatever you find is best.

Look at all the math functions, add, subtract, formula node (under structures) and so on.

You might have to review how to wire connectors together.

Of course once you connect the actual DAQ to the system additional "parts"  will need to be added to input the Actual sensor signals to replace the switches.

So try to wire all this up and see what you come up with.

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,229 Views)

Thanks a lot Alan

I will try to do it in that way.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,221 Views)