LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating application with odbc driver LabVIEW 8.0

Hi,

I've looked through a lot of examples and tried out a lot of them, I still can't get this right. I have a login vi which connects to a MySQL database via an ODBC driver to authenticate a user, if username & password are right user is sent to another vi. This works well on my computer. I am trying to build an executable/installer to run this on another computer that has LabVIEW 8.0 installed but not the ODBC drivers.  I followed examples and included the MDAC files in my application (executable file), and the .udl file I created. I then included the file in my installer. When i run my application in another computer I get the error 'Data source name not found and no default driver specified in DB Tools Open Connec (string).vi'.

1. What more must I add cause I thought adding MDAC and the udl file was enough.
2. Just to confirm: do I add the MDAC in support files in Executable file builder or do I add the files in Installer builder?
3. If I need to include the odbc driver in the application, at what stage (where?) do I do that?

Please do not refer me to help files Applicationi Builder files for versions 7.0 and less because the setup is different and I just got confused.

Please help.

Thanx.
ntfan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,588 Views)

Anybody?...

ntfan.

Message Edited by ntfan on 10-28-2006 03:37 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,576 Views)
Hey ntfan,
    Here is a paragraph taken from the Database Connectivity Toolkit ReadMe file. 
Distributing Stand-Alone Applications and DLLs
When you use components from the Database Connectivity Toolset to build a stand-alone application or a DLL with the Application Builder, you must install MDAC to the target computer if it is not already installed along with the appropriate support files. A build script is included in the Database Connectivity Toolset to help you include all these components. Refer to chapter 6 of the Database Connectivity Toolset User Manual for more information.

Are you using a build script as described above?

Brian B
Account Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,550 Views)