LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create installer and running: MsiError 87: <Unable to format error record.>

Ever since I have installed the Labview 2011 beta I am in trouble when creating installers that include the NI runtime.

Whether it is Labview 2010 or 2011, when I have created the installer and run it, I -and everybody else- gets the warning:

MsiError 87: <Unable to format error record.>

And the installer qwill quit.

When I exclude the runtime from the installer it works nicely. What can I do to fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,829 Views)

if I exclude the NI VC2008MSMs installer it works.

Seems this file is corrupted. I thought it was located in the shared folder in the NI dir. So I deleted it but it makes no difference.

Is there a way to replace the component?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,827 Views)

for 2010 I cant include any runtime installer (also basic will fail) with the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,818 Views)

Same issue for me.

After installing LabVIEW  2011 beta, every LabVIEW version on my machine generates installer which behave in the same way.

I'd reported it as a bug.

National Instruments Alliance Member
National Instruments "Certified LabVIEW Developer"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,808 Views)

@adnan[Saphir] wrote:

Same issue for me.

After installing LabVIEW  2011 beta, every LabVIEW version on my machine generates installer which behave in the same way.

I'd reported it as a bug.

Please post issues regarding the LabVIEW Beta under the Beta forum page.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,799 Views)

@_Faust wrote:

Ever since I have installed the Labview 2011 beta I am in trouble when creating installers that include the NI runtime.

Whether it is Labview 2010 or 2011, when I have created the installer and run it, I -and everybody else- gets the warning:

MsiError 87: <Unable to format error record.>

And the installer qwill quit.

When I exclude the runtime from the installer it works nicely. What can I do to fix it?

Please post LabVIEW beta forum questions under the LabVIEW Beta forum page.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,798 Views)

Did this issue get resolved?  I am having the same problem. I checked the 2011 beta forum, but didn't see anything about it?

Director of Engineering
G Systems, www.gsystems.com
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer
Certified Professional Instructor
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,727 Views)

No beta questions will be answered on this forum.  If you have questions which pertain to the beta, please post them there and they will be answered appropriately. 

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,707 Views)

Did any of you actually read the beta agreement?

Issues with the beta are not be be discussed in public so don't keep posting here.

The terms and conditions of the beta program are posted on the beta site and you agreed to them, so make sure to fully understand them. The only public information is that a beta exists. Everything else is confidential.

Let me put it in a few simple words: 😄

"Welcome to Fight Club beta. The first rule of Fight Club beta is: you do not talk about Fight Club beta. The second rule of Fight Club beta is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club beta!) 

Message 9 of 9
(2,706 Views)