From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create digital square wave?

Alright guys, I'm apologizing in advance for this.  I'm learning labview, and starting to get an idea of how this all functions, but it sure is tough.  Alright, so:

My boss wants me to make an LED blink.  Easy enough, right?  I'm using a PXI-6281 card (with a breakout box so I can get at all the ports) and labview 8.6.  No matter what I try to do nothing works.  I created a for loop that outputs a value of between 0 and 3 (that switches once a second), and I created a daqmx task that is supposed to output an analog voltage (I tried for digital, but no matter what I do I cant seem to get the "write vi" to accept the input data, for whatever reason I cant convert it to a digital waveform).  Even tho the analog voltage task runs without any complaints from labview, I cant see any voltage from the breakout box with my voltmeter.  I'm stumped.  I've tried other things that havent seemed to have worked.  Why is something so simple being so difficult!?

I'll put up more data if you guys ask, im just really stumped and don't wanna get yelled at for being a slacker.  I'm trying, I just dont know where to start!

Thanks everyone!

Reid

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,367 Views)

Can you provide some information on how you have everything wired, includiing the LEDs?

Attaching your program could also help.

I also don't understand your difficulty with digital output. You only need a DAQmw Write with a Boolean wired to the input. have you looked at the DAQmx Getting Started page?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,363 Views)