cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create chessboxes

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I am working on an application where i have to show different designs of chessboxes to the user. The user can select a particular design of the chessboxes and i want to display that selected desing on the screen.

The chessboxes on the screen change their color from black to white and vice versa after 1 second.

I have created a VI which will change the color of the chessboxes, but i am finding trouble about how to create different desings and showing them to the user.

I am attacing 2 files here. 

1) The image file showing different design patters that i want to show to the user.

2) VI which will change the colour alternatively.

Please suggest me a solution of how can i create different desing patterns and how can i present them to the user.

Thanks,

Ritesh

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,709 Views)

Hi Ritesh,

i'm not really sure what you mean, but why don't you use a 2d array in the "checkers.vi". What else do you need to change?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,680 Views)

Hi Mike,

If you ran the VI, you could see 64 boxes changing from black to white and vice versa.

I want the user to select a particular pattern from a Window which will display all the patterns available. In the JPG image, i place 4 different patterns that could be shown to the user.

I just want to know how can i display all the patterns to the user so that he can select a particular pattern and according to the patterns, the boxes will be shown on the screen?

I think "Pict Ring" will solve the purpose but i am not getting how to customize that control to show all the pics that i want to show.

you mentioned about 2-D array.

How will that be useful ? 

Thanks,

Ritesh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,663 Views)

Hi Ritesh

If you use the clasic simple boolean flat square button as a 3d array and use property nodes to change the colours I think you can get what you need. Take a look at the attached vi.

Hope this helps

Ian

Message 4 of 6
(2,631 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LVCoder

There is an example of using a picture control to create a chess board in the Developer Zone

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 5 of 6
(2,617 Views)

Dear all,

Thanks for your valuable comments.

At last i got some suceess.

And as i said Picture control was the way to go. Though i the task has been done, but i ma still not sure is there's a better way to do the same.

I am attaching my VI here. Pls have a look at it and let me know if i could do it in a more efficient way.

I am changing the design pattern by changing the index of a 2-D array on the front panel.

Thanks,

Ritesh

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,572 Views)