LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crash LV (RearrangeFrameByIndex)

Solved!
Go to solution

Scripting ... invoke node "RearrangeFrameByIdx" ...

crahes LV if the input array contains an unknown or duplicate index.

Message 1 of 9
(4,080 Views)

Can anyone confirm this behavior?

thank you all.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,018 Views)

Yes, it crashes here....

Message 3 of 9
(4,010 Views)

hello ouadji,

Thanks for reporting this!

I agree with you that it shouldn't crash like this and will report this through a Corrective Action Request when I'm back at the office tomorrow.

Sidenote:

This left aside for a second I do have to mention (for the readers less familiar with Scripting) that the actions/inputs that perform the crash are in fact actions that do not correspond to actual rearranging of cases.

You could consider them as providing a function with invalid inputs:

- Unknown: Choosing 5 would mean the creation of a new Frame that doesn't exist yet and the removal of frame 0.

- Duplicate index: This would come down to an action that removes the current frame (0) and duplicates another (eg. 2).

Summary:

I do agree that a LV crash should always be avoided and will report it.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 4 of 9
(3,985 Views)

hello ThiCop,

"and will report this through a Corrective Action Request when I'm back at the office tomorrow"

thank you ThiCop.

Like kudos, a CAR number is a small reward  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,970 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ouadji

Hello ouadji,

CAR has been reported and the number is 424094.

Do you want me to add it to the Monthly Bugs thread or will you do it?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
Message 6 of 9
(3,932 Views)

ThiCop wrote:

CAR has been reported and the number is 424094.

Do you want me to add it to the Monthly Bugs thread or will you do it?

The bug report is already there.

Ouadji can no longer edit that post, so somebody with extended privileges needs to update that post with the CAR.

Message 7 of 9
(3,923 Views)

Hello Altenbach,

I reported it to the moderators and they seem to have added the CAR number by now.

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,896 Views)

CAR 424094 discussed in this thread was fixed in  LabVIEW 2014.  For a more complete list of bugs fixed in LabVIEW 2014, check the LabVIEW 2014 Bug Fixes. You can download an evaluation copy of LabVIEW 2014 at http://www.ni.com/trylabview/ or if you have an earlier version of LabVIEW installed and an active SSP subscription, you will be able to download the latest version of LabVIEW through NI Update Service.

Regards,

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments | Certified LabVIEW Architect 

Message 9 of 9
(3,817 Views)