LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

count a number of support on a button

Hello every body
I must realise some measur all times any body click on a button.
But I don't know how can I coun twith LABVIEW 7.0 and I don't know any button able to be activate  on slope rising
Thanck you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,136 Views)
The basic idea is shown in the image below.

img

This works by holding the count value in the shift register and only incrementing the value when the button is clicked. The "Select" function will only pass a value through either the "T" or "F" terminals depending on the value of the connected button. So the count value will only increment when the button is clicked.

There's other ways to do this, but this is the simplest and easiest to work into an application. If you are using an Event Structure, that can be used to detect the button click and increment the counter as well.

Let us know if you need more help.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,123 Views)
It is great but with an ordinary ok button ; we must push two time on the button to increment one time my counter ????
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,102 Views)
Make sure the "Mechanical Action" of the button is set to either "Latch when Pressed" or "Latched when released".
    (right click on the button and select "Mechanical Action" from the context menu)

The counter will only increment when the button value is "True".

If you need to use one of the "Switch" actions instead of the "Latch" actions so it increments each time there is a state change, you'll need to add an extra bit of logic to detect these changes.

Ed

Message Edited by Ed Dickens on 04-26-2006 07:33 AM

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,094 Views)

Make sure the button is a latch mechanical action, this should solve the problem with your button.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,092 Views)

The first one is good thanck you but I have an other problem with my GPIB configuration!!!

I use the assistant I make all my entry , they function but when I execute my program there is an error occured !!! WHY ???

When I try function by function it is ok and when they all function there is an error !!!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,080 Views)
In order to say WHY you have an error, it's important to know WHAT the error is!!! Report back with the error code and message.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,077 Views)

This is my type of error and my vi!!!

What is very impressionant is that when I all configure my vi it function but when I save close the vi and reopen my Vi ther is this error

I will become crazy !!!!!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,061 Views)
In fact I search an other solution and I goal !!!!
Now I must to write in exel witch is already existing with many information and I don't want to reset my exel page !!!
Is it possible ???
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,042 Views)