LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convolution algorithm?

Hi,

Can anybody tell me what algorithm is used by the Labview convolution function? I got it to work ok 🙂 but would now like to write the work up with it in and need a decent reference if possible.

Cheers,

klara
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,299 Views)
Just right-click on the convolution node and select "help". The LabVIEW online help describes the function details and even gives the formula. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,293 Views)

Thanks for the speedy reply, but I already tried that. You're right, there is an equation in the help pages, but I was hoping to find out a little more detail on the algorithm used. Something like this

http://www.library.cornell.edu/nr/bookcpdf/c13-1.pdf

which described how exactly the Labview convolution function works, would be great!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,275 Views)

Well, convolution is a basic operation with defined behavior, the outcome should not depend on the details of the algorithm implementation ;). Most likely the NI implementation is highly optimized for speed and memory use and might not be public. It does not really matter.

Any math text (such as your link) should provide everything you need to use the convolution. 🙂

(Analogy: If you divide two numbers, you don't need to explain long division in three paragraphs ... ;))
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,260 Views)

Hi,

What is the size of the output ?

This is not explain in the help node 😉

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,939 Views)