LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert parallel to serial

Solved!
Go to solution

good day sir 🙂 i just want to ask on how to convert parrallel data to serial.. on the vi i have made, the input image is converted to array and then converted to 1-d array of boolean.. my teacher give me a task on how to convert it to serial.. thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,489 Views)
Can you explain what do you mean by "convert it to serial" ??
Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 14
(3,452 Views)

thank you for your reply sir,i want to send these array of pixels to fpga board.. my teacher ask me to send it using digital i/o lines of the fpga.. then he asked me to send it in serial because he says that i have parrallel output.. thats why i'm asking how send that serially.. 

at first i thought that i can send the array of pixels in serial because i have just converted it to 1-d array. but im wrong. error occured saying that i have a large amount of lines when sending these pixels to the fpga board. thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,434 Views)

You have the 1D Boolean array.  Just write those values, one at a time, out of your single DIO line.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 14
(3,411 Views)

thankyou sir.., 🙂 ahm sir by the way.. how can i write it one at a time? thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,404 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author robin123_hood

@robin123_hood wrote:

how can i write it one at a time?

FOR loop.  You put the write inside of the FOR loop and you pass the array to the FOR loop.  Use autoindexing and you will be writing out the one value at a time through the entire array.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 14
(3,372 Views)

thank you sir.. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,320 Views)

hi again sir.. ahm how can i reverse the process? because when i wired it outside the for loop and put an indicator,  i cant read any values.. thanks again sir 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,290 Views)

Hi hood,

what have you wired? Can you attach your current VI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,284 Views)

here sir 🙂 i cant read any values on the indicator at the top of the loop

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,277 Views)