From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert data from column and insert new column with converted data into the array

Probably an easy question for the experienced users......( I am totaly new).

I have a bunch of large csv files and I have to plot particular columns (y-axis) vs time (x-axis).

The first column in the csv file is in timestamp which I `ve managed to convert to human readable time.

I have also managed to get rid of the headers because Labview includes them in the graphs. For example, it reads the label “Timestamp” as 0 and that converted to time shows 31 of December 1899. Considering the fact that this is my x-axis I got a graph with data starting 111 years back.

Now I have inserted new column (next to the timestamp using Insert Into Array Function) and my problem is to display the converted timestamp into the new column but I got stuck. If someone can help me with this problem the next step which is selecting particular columns to create multi-plot waveform graphs should be easy for a newbie like me (or not?)

Please, see the attached files and if you have any suggestions I will be more than happy to discuss them.

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,982 Views)

Here's a quick way, replacing the time column with the adjusted time column. probably needs a few tweaks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,974 Views)

Hello altenbach,

Thanks for the quick response but I am having hard time with this code.

Actually two problems have arisen.

1. This method for converting the column still does not give me what I need to obtain. I need to convert the timestamp to human readable time in the same array or in a different one in a way which allows me to use the converted timestamp as x-axis and other columns as y-axis in waveform graphs. I want to have the x-axis in 00:00:00.000 AM/PM; DD/MM/YYYY format. How can I do that?
  2. Because each csv file has different number of rows somehow I have to tell labview to read only the rows that contain data otherwise the code fills automatically the rest of the rows with zeroes and -1.26302E+8 for the timestamp which causing me problems when I try to plot the data (connects the last data point with 0 - diagonal line). I guess I have to use some kind of a loop (probably while loop)?! But my knowledge about Labview stops here and I need help if you

Is there any way to use the timestamp array and bundle it with particular columns from a different array in the code (where I could pick columns from) in order to plot them? Maybe there isn`t but you are experienced user so I guess you will know.

Thanks for your time. I really appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,957 Views)