LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert .cpp to .vi

Hi,

Is there a way to convert written text-based codes like .cpp into .vi?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,662 Views)

CIN Help

You can use Code Interface Node in LabVIEW to use cpp code in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,659 Views)

You cannot convert a .cpp file into a VI. There are two possible ways in which you can call external code in LabVIEW.

- You could use Code Interface Nodes (CINs) to access algorithms written in another language. You will need to follow some steps to create a CIN.

Example: Refer to the Multiply using a CIN VI in the labview\examples\cins\mult

- The other common and most used method is to create DLLs in the programming environment and then call those DLLs in LabVIEW using the Call Library Function Node.

Example: Refer to the Call DLL VI in the labview\examples\dll\data passing\Call Native Code.llb

If you have any questions, be sure to search on the NI website or post back.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,656 Views)

Is this related to this thread?

What exactly you want. Post in specific and also give bit more details in what trouble you are facing. That will help us in guiding you better.

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,655 Views)

Hi Mathan,

I have written a programme in C++. I am thinking of creating a GUI for this programme using Labview. I have done previously using Visual C++. I would like to know how I can do it using Labview.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,652 Views)
Please go through all the links in AdnanZ post and post if you are facing any problems. Try to start writing in your own first and post immediately if you stuckup on anything.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,648 Views)