LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert a .lvm file

Hello,

I need to analyze a signal which is saved in an .lvm file, but the program I am using does not reads this type of file, that is why I will like to know, 

How can I convert an .lvm file to one of the following files?:

> ASCII File Format (*.asc)
> SVS Binary File Format (*.bin)
> ASCII Universal File Format (*.uff or *.unv)
> Binary Universal File Format (*.uff or *.unv)
> TEAC Header File Format (*.hdr)
> GeoSIG Header File Format (*.ghf)
> Diadem Header File Format (*.dat)
> Kinemetrics Altus File Format (*.evt)
> Wave File Format (*.wav)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,529 Views)

Dear Pacho,

Please notice that the lvm file is an ASCII file; it has just a specific header. You are able the .lvm file with any program that is able to read text file. Just try to open it with for example notepad.

If you want to get rid of the header, we can just start reading the file after the header and write it to another file.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,514 Views)

Dear Pacho,

I just created a small example how to get rid of the header and save everything to a .txt file. Please notice that the example is programmed quick and dirty; it is just to show you how this can look like.

The example creates a new .lvm file, then whe file wil be opened and read until we found the ***End_of_Header** for the second time. In my example there ar 2 headers; if we want to get rid of both we have to find everything beyond the second one.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,512 Views)

Martijn,

Thank you very much for your help and prompt response, I found that after deleting the header as you advice me I was able to open the file in the other program.

Thank you again,

Best regards,

Francisco

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,505 Views)