LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert 1-D array of cluster of 2 elements----- to cluster of 2 elements

Dear Friends,

My ultimate is to read the Ms-Access Database and view it on the xychart by point by point like real time data plotting
(example file Real-time chart  in NI example finder).....main things is database keeps updated by an external source program..

i have a problem in connecting to the chart ...
Here i attached my vi file for ur cross checking..

Kindly see the vi.file..suggest me solutions..

Regards
Rajasekar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,453 Views)
Connecting your output to a XY Graph instead of a waveform chart will solve your problem.

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,430 Views)
(1) If you need to retain old data in an xy graph, use the xy-graph from the express palette. Now double-click on the "built xy graph" express VI and uncheck "clear on each call". This will turn it into an xy chart.

(2) IF the points are all equally spaced in x, you can use a regular chart and graph only the y data. Adjust the x axis scaling (x0, dx) accordingly.

(3) You can also built the x , y1, y2 arrays in shift registers as in this image below and use a plain xy graph.

Typically, it is not advisable to built potentially infinite arrays like this, because at some point in the future your computer will run out of resources. What is the maximum array sizes? If the data can get large, you need to tweak things a bit.

Message Edited by altenbach on 04-05-2007 05:39 PM

Message 3 of 4
(2,419 Views)
Dear Friends,

I need an XY-Chart Display..Becoz I already used XY-Graph for my application..and i find that the graph will display the result only at the end(post processing)...
Since I need to see the variation of data in data real time...i feel  that chart will be suitable for my requirement...
So please guide me to achieve my aim...

And also i need the variation in x-scale with respect to my parameter name called "length".. and also zooming facility to analyse the problem of occurrence..
In the mail i attached my vi file....In the file I have both the xy-graph and also xy-chart.....

Kindly see the file........

regards
rajasekar
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,407 Views)