From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controlling processor on the timed loop

Controlling attributes of a Timed Loop does not seem very straight forward to me! I experience crashing my VI very often when my Timed Loops are featured with controlled period and sometimes processor and offset on their next iterations. Of course there are queues between the Timed Loops, too. Not yet sure of the cause of the frequent crash!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,219 Views)

Hi Siamak,

Good Morning and I hope your well today. Thanks for your post.

I have seen you have received no support so far.

Can I ask if you have carried out any further troubleshooting of the issue? Have you got a simple example peice of code which reproduces the crash? 

If you think its your wide application - how have you design it? 

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,190 Views)
Hi, I have left another question in another thread for if I need to update the lvalarms.dll file according to http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/lang/en/id/1048 as my LabVIEW is 8.5 and not 8.5.1. Of course, problem starts when there are several Timed Loops designed each responsible for data acquisition from one particular system device, and some for analysis,... for this reason, simplifying the work is pointless since it does not crash! crash is more frequent when I have up to 12 timed loops some assigned to to one and some to another processor (core), running on a quad-core system,
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,181 Views)

Hi Siamak,

Thanks for your reply, I have posted here

I would recommend keeping one issue to one post, as this makes it difficult to support everyone.

Thanks,

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,161 Views)