LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controlling AC TRIAC circuit with LabView and Arduino

Things would be a lot sampler if my company would upgrade my LabView 8.6 to a newer version. I built a circuit that control the phase angle of a triac and using an Uno Arduino board. the circuit works great with a pot but I would like to use Labview to control the circuit. I can get the power to go from low to 120AC with Labview but when I move the slider to change the output the voltage is not linear it jumps around until you stop moving the slide bar. I try differrent ways to see if I can smooth the voltage out but not having any luck. I included the vi of the closet code that works. Hope someone will give me pointers to improve it.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,833 Views)

Try removing the wait on the outer for loop. The event structure is waiting on the value change anyway so the wait is redundant.

Also, is there a reason you're using a slider to change the values? Would it be possible to change it to a simple control to have the value only change once to the desired value?

Message 2 of 3
(1,799 Views)

I want to use the slider to control the Triac. I did get it to work by doing the math differrent.

Thanks for your suggetion.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,787 Views)