LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control grid intensity graph

Hi,

I want to control the grid of an intensity graph to be exactly spaced by "1"... How to do?

See attached example in LV8.5. Start with default values and you get grid lines with spacing of 1.
Now change "size" to 15 and run again. Gridlines are now spaced by 0.5. Size=10 -> spacing of 0.2, size=4 -> spacing=0.1 ...

I want to have a spacing of 1 regardless of size parameter! How to achieve this?

Btw. I need both major and minor grid, as array size can grow to more than can be handled by major grid alone...

Message Edited by GerdW on 02-26-2008 03:09 PM
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,247 Views)
GerdW,

It seems to work if you separate the increment and minor increment property nodes and insure that increment is 1 larger than minor increment.  Also I notice that it is possible for a graph to scale improperly and stay this way regardless of scaling, i.e., size = 100, increment = 11, and minor = 1.  Change the increment =2 and you will not get the expected result (bug?).  To return to normal just scale the graph smaller, size = 10. 
Now change size = 100 and you get the expected result, where minor increments are back to 1.
This does not insure that the increment will be labeled 1, 2, 3…  Labview seems to decide this based on graph size.  For example if you take your graph and expand it to a larger size Labview will change the labeled increments.
Depending on graph size you will get varying results with a minor increment of 1.  For example your original graph size, looks ok up to about 100.  Anything higher and you can no longer see the individual tick marks. 

Regards,

SS

Message 2 of 3
(3,224 Views)
Hi Simon,

thanks for clarification.

To summarize: major increment has to be bigger than minor and you have to set them both...

Scale labelling is not so important for me, but it would be nice to have each number when space is sufficient (in the example vi for sizes upto 15). It seems I have to change my graph formatting a little bit: make minor grid transparent when not needed (for small sizes) and switch gridlines on, when scale space is not sufficient to show all numbers...

In the attached example pic (today's measurement of pressure sensor wafer Smiley Very Happy) I use the gridlines to separate single chips. And I always want to separate single chips regardless of array size (=wafer/chip) - which can vary from 10 to ~80...

Message Edited by GerdW on 02-26-2008 05:26 PM
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,214 Views)