LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

continual graph points updates xy graph

Hi i was wondering if there was a setting on xy plots so that it would plot all previous points, given a changing value of x and y.
Sort of like the wave form updates graph, but so that i can use both axises for values, and the x axis doesn't become the ongoing count?

It may be blatantly simple, but i'm trying to create a graph that will trace a path out with a changing x-y values, but keep a tail behind it of where it has been right back to the first point.
I also thought it might be possible to store the data in an array and feed an ever enlarging array into the graph but that seems to have out witted me, and i was wondering if there was a simpler method?

please help!!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,192 Views)
Found a method that is rather simple.
If you are generating the points from a changing singular numerical value then by feeding these into an array with cocatulate inputs on, then the values will simply build into two 1d arrays, updating with each new point,
a picture is attached if anyone has a similar problem.

- i knew i knew how to do this, it just didn't work the first 3 times.
John P.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,188 Views)
There is also the shipping example called XY Chart that you can look at. this uses a buffer and like a normal chart, you can set a history size.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,179 Views)
thanks for the pointer on that one, i'll have a look.
chears.
John P.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,156 Views)