LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection Labview/labjack

Hi,

I am working on Labview 8.6 and I want to read data from several sensors.
I am trying to create a file that we can read in a graph on the front panel.
We also want to save the data in a file (which we can read in excel, for example).

To do this, I modified the VI "U3 easy stream sample". I have attached a diagram to explain what I did.
Unfortunately a lot of things didn't work and I am not sure how to procede. Would you please advise me how to correct the following issues:

1) I can't read the "current" after the "while loop 1" (cf connection-Labjack-labview). The current was shown in the first waveform graph and in the array "data" but not after, for example oxygen graph ("oxygen2") and array ("oxygen").

2) I am unable to create only one stop button instead of "stop" and "stop4" buttons (cf connection_labjack-labview). Is it possible to use only one stop button with two loops that are tied ? Otherwise, is it possible to delete the "while loop 1" without changing "U3 easy stream sample" function?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,688 Views)

You haven't shown us any code, so we have no idea what you mean when you refer to "while loop 1", or the waveform graph or the array "data", or the stop buttons. Please upload your code if you want someone to analyze your program.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,679 Views)

Sorry, I did mistake when I uploaded the wrong file..

the "connection labview/labjack" file is the good one !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,671 Views)

Hi liz dx,

I want to step back a second here.

It's a little hard to follow your code, but you do realize that your stop buttons are stopping different operations, correct?  As in your outer while loop will run until the stop button is pressed, and then the outer loop gets to run an iteration (stop4).

I think that the reason you are saying that data is not being displayed is because either your formula function is not being run while you are acquiring data or your acquiring loop is being stopped while you are running your forumla function.

If you are new to LabVIEW, I would suggest some tutorials from ni.com/gettingstarted.

If you do indeed just need to stop both loops with one stop button, check out this link: Stopping Parallel While Loops With One Stop Button

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,629 Views)

thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,597 Views)