From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

computer hangs sometimes when i run exe or code.........please help

Hi..........

I am working on system where data acquisition is done using GPIB and MODBUS protocol. It has also used fieldpoint 2000 and i am reading and sometimes writng data to it.Code is developed using labview 7.1.My problem is that system works properly sometimes and sometimes it hangs.

I have a main front panel where user has to select some inputs and go to second window named "dashboard".In the block diagram of main front panel we have communicated with devices specifically,PIDs using MODBUS and they run continuously.(serial port is closed after while loop ends).In the block diagram of dashboard i am communicationg using GPIB with power meters and communication with field point is also done here. My program runs very well sometimes.Sometimes my main front panel works very well and when i switch over to dashboard my computer hangs, cursor showing busy and exe or code goes into not responding state.I have t restart system or rather shut it down and then start again to work it properly. Usually code works very wellin first attempt but when i stop it and try to run it again it doesn't work.

Please help me to sort out this isseue

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,986 Views)

Does it only happen in the exe or also when run in the development environment?

@Sagar_Shinde wrote:

Usually code works very wellin first attempt but when i stop it and try to run it again it doesn't work.

I assume this is in the development environment, because "stop" and "run again" does not sound right for an exe. It most likely means that you don't properly close one of the communication channels or leave one of the instruments hanging in an unkown state. Do you do any error handling?

Overall, this seems impossible to debug remotely from a paragraph of vague information.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,974 Views)