From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compiling executables loop speed

I am trying to optimize speed in my application and was wondering whether compiling vi's as executables affect loop speed (i.e. for PID applications)  at all?  Also, I have read that this option only exists for the Pro Package and was wondering if the "Mass Compile" option in the Base Package would have any effect either?
Thanks,
Nick
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,120 Views)
Every time you run a VI, you are running a compiled program. The application builder creates an executable but does not do any extra compilation that has not already been done. The VIs in the exe are built without diagrams and without any debug code and this will result in some slight improvement but usually not anything you can notice. Optimization in the VI can be done in a number of ways. You should start with the shipping document called LabVIEW Performance and Memory Management. This is part of the LabVIEW Bookshelf you can access from the Help menu.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,117 Views)