LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compass plot

I have LV2009 and I'm trying to use the compass plot.
When resizing and changing colors the settings are not being saved. After reloading, the default values are being loaded.

This is a bug that has been reported and apparently fixed in newer versions.

Is there a way/ workaround I can use to make it work without having to buy a new LV version?

Thanks

Henry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,044 Views)

Hi Microhertz,

Can you share the vi or the screen shot of the issue 

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev_rgb (1).jpg

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Best LabVIEW Programmer @NIDAYS 2015
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,996 Views)

Hello Microhertz,

One workaround you could try would be to set the desired properties by Property Node on the block diagram. If you right-click on the indicator on the block diagram and select Create >> Property Node, you can expand the drop down list for the graph, select the properties, and change them to Write mode. Then you should be able to wire in the desired parameter. The compass plot should then adapt as soon as the VI is run. Let us know if that works!

Best,

Daniel 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,971 Views)

Changing Property Node did not help.

I'll attach the two screenshots.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,940 Views)

Hi Microhertz,

Just try this step

Right click on the Graph-->Advanced-->customize and customize you control and save it. Now use this customized control for your vi . hope the issue is solved.

To know more on how to customize see http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvconcepts/custom_cont_ind_type/

for video tutorial see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvhGH0TlCqs

Kudos are welcome 😄

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev_rgb (1).jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,916 Views)

Customizing the control does not work either.

I can save it after changing size ans colors but upon reloading the old settings are in effect.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,868 Views)

Hi Microhertz,

As you mentioned, this is a known bug, and unfortunately, I was not able to find a functional workaround in our internal documentation. If this is a vital aspect of your application, the best bet would be to upgrade to a later release of LabVIEW where it was fixed.

Best,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,834 Views)

@Microhertz wrote:

Customizing the control does not work either.

I can save it after changing size ans colors but upon reloading the old settings are in effect.

can you share the customized vi here...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,814 Views)

Sorry for the late response.

Here are a few pictures.

I also tried to use the "visible" property node on top of a static image of the instrument, did not work.

Another problem showed up: instead of plotting four lines from phase/ amplitude point to center many other lines show up now.  Can't get rid of them (see picture).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,741 Views)

I should have mentioned when I run the VI the property node works correctly (resizing and color).  When I load it it does not show the change.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,733 Views)