From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compare columns min and max

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author super_saiyans

Super_Saiyans,

Does the code I attached have the functionality that you were looking for?  I used the values from your original post rather than the .csv file you linked.  This is not a very memory-friendly VI but should be good for smaller applications.

BD_Goku.PNG

Running this produces the following FP results:

FP_Goku.PNG

This VI was made in 2014 so tell me if you have any issues running this or if this isn't the functionality that you were looking for.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 21 of 31
(1,495 Views)

yes. thats exactly what i am looking for

thank you.

i am going to studying and learning Altenbach code and clean up my code with a for loop!

thanks for the lesson today.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31
(1,482 Views)

Jacobson wrote:

BD_Goku.PNG

This will not work reliably if for example a single value is zero, while we only want to filter columns that are all zeroes.

Message 23 of 31
(1,480 Views)

OK, I had a few mistakes. It seems we need to transpose again for the desired result. Attached is a new version that seems to be closer to the desired result. Modify as needed.

Message 24 of 31
(1,473 Views)

what happened to the mod3 version you uploadeD?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 31
(1,472 Views)

It's right there ^^^ 😄

(I decided to split it into two posts, to avoid confusion with the quoted picture)

Message 26 of 31
(1,469 Views)

YES!!!

THATS WHAT i am looking for.

i like the differences part..

ill try to learn this code.

THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 31
(1,470 Views)

canyou show me how to make the RED object?

how do i connect it?Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 31
(1,465 Views)

right click on the autoindexed tunnel, and click on "Conditional". In this way you get a conditional terminal just right below the autoindexing tunnel, where you can wire a Boolean value.

"ill try to learn this code."  

hmm, this is not a good approach during LabView learning. Understand how the code works.  Only memorizing this particular solution will not help you if you get a bit different task later... 😉

Message 29 of 31
(1,449 Views)

Great catch Altenbach.  I moved the not inside of the conditional for loop.  This will make it so the column is indexed every time there is a value that is not zero.  If all values in that column are zero, it will not stop with the conditional and pass the last value into the tunnel conditional which will have to be a false.

I thought I had reasoned through the random zeroes but I should have done some more testing on my end.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 31
(1,440 Views)