LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

community edition with PXI system

Solved!
Go to solution

I am considering to acquire a PXI system for hobby use. It is not 100% clear to me what limitation the community edition has regarding to PXI system. I guess the FPGA PXI modules are not supported since community edition does not have FPGA support ? Is there any other limitation ?

In case it matters I mean a PXI 1033 or 1042Q or a PXIe-1062Q chassis.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,090 Views)

PXI instrumentations just require the device drivers (incl. chassis) and hence not licensed.

I think RT is not supported in PXI system, if it is just a regular Windows PXI or MXI based PXI, no issue.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,060 Views)

@metebalci wrote:

I am considering to acquire a PXI system for hobby use. It is not 100% clear to me what limitation the community edition has regarding to PXI system. I guess the FPGA PXI modules are not supported since community edition does not have FPGA support ? Is there any other limitation ?

In case it matters I mean a PXI 1033 or 1042Q or a PXIe-1062Q chassis.

Good point.  I have not found a list that tells us what it includes and does not include.  I had to install it on a separate computer in order to observe it.

Community edition is only available in 32-bit.

RT can be run on a PXI controller but I am not sure if that is in the Community Edition.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,056 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author metebalci

@santo_13 wrote:

I think RT is not supported in PXI system, if it is just a regular Windows PXI or MXI based PXI, no issue.

To clarify, RT works on PXI, I meant the RT module may not be part of LabVIEW CE. If the PXI comes with a Windows controller or you will be using the chassis over MXI, it should work with LV CE.

Not sure how it would work if you already have a compiled code for RT but just need to interface it using a regular computer with LV CE.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,021 Views)