LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command line arguments for deployment with visual studio installer

I have a project that has a labview panel and a visual studio (vb.net) 2008 component.  The labview panel was compiled into an exe file, and then I built an installer for that exe.  That installer works great if I install it stand alone.  However, I would really like my visual studio project to install that, so I included the volume folder that is built by labview into the application folder in visual studio setup project.  I then have been trying to run a custom action to call the setup.exe file with the arguments : "/qb /AcceptLicenses yes /r:n".  However, no matter what I do I get an error of some sort.  That exact command always makes a window pop up that says invalid parameters.  I have attached a picture of my visual studio project that shows the custom action and the arguments.  What am I doing wrong?

vs properties.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,364 Views)

Some thoughts

1.) Before adding the installer with the quiet installation args I would test it separately by a simple cmd line call. I dont think that this is a setup project issue.I suppose that the LV setup doesnt support the switches.

2.) I wouldnt include the LV setup with all the dependencies like the the complete LV runtime because typically you just release an updated version of your executable that doesnt require a reinstallation of the LV environment. That will also take a loooong time. Thats why I would suggest just to add the executable to your VS setup project. That would be a simple copy action to your destination directory.

Hope it helps

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,359 Views)