LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combo box

I need some help regarding combo box,

How to diable the few elements in the combo box. Lets say there is an five elements in the combo box, I need to disable and grayout the 2 and 3 element inside the combo box selector.

My application involves many tests like Calibration. Verification,Validation and Final tests, so based on the user log in, the appropriate test should be enabled.

If "XXX" user is logged in - he can test all test so he can select any test from the combo box.

but if "YYY" user logged in he can test only 2 tests - Calibration and Verification Test for this "YYY" I need to diable the other tests.

The order and total test in combo box should not be disturbed based on user (All tests should be displayed in combo box, we should not remove any element based on that user).

I hope this is an critical requirement, Is there any option to do this by other means in LabVIEW.

Thanks in advance

Vijayakumar M
Ceritified LabVIEW Developer
India

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,487 Views)
You can't enable/disable items in a combo box. You can instead use a text ring, menu ring, or enum.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,480 Views)
Can I make a hole combo box "disabled and grayed" through a boolean?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,411 Views)

Hi treadagon,

yes you can use the select function and connect a 0 and a 2 to the inputs. connect the output to the disabled property of the combo box.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,409 Views)