LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

color detection using ar drone

Im doing a project regarding color detection using the camera from ar drone. For example i would like to detect red colour. I am currently using the ar drone toolkit. What do i have to add in the program to enable the ar drone to detect the colour? Your help are much appreciated :womanhappy: 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,930 Views)

I would like my program to be like this. I tried so hard but i still cant solve itSmiley Sad. I'm still a newbie so i appreciate some help. I need help urgently.Maybe u can help me a little as a stepping stone for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiT6fQ9y6r0

Message 2 of 7
(3,916 Views)

Well, how should it "detect red". You have an entire image. Do you want to see if one specific pixel (e.g. the center pixel) is red? Do you want to find all areas in the picture that are red?

What is the format of the picture?

You could use "picture to pixmap" followed by "unflatten pixmap", take the desired pixel subset and check if the R component is large while the G and B components are small.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,897 Views)

The ar drone is taking live video streaming. Once there is a red object, the camera will detect it and light up a boolean.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,893 Views)

Well, chances are that there are a few reddish pixels at all times, I assume you are looking for at least a certain number of adjacent red pixels.

Here's a very rough draft, it could be significantly optimized. Currently "red" is defined as R is more than twice the G and B component.

Download All
Message 5 of 7
(3,887 Views)

Thank you so much for your help. i appreciate it alot. I post something earlier about a webcam. It is capturing real time video. When red color is detected, a boolean will light up. How do i do it? This link will give you a better idea on how i would like my program to be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiT6fQ9y6r0

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,881 Views)

Hi, im still new to Labview. Im trying to get the ar drone to track green object, say green ball and follow it autonomously. I have the program to fly the ar drone, however the input is from the front panel, ie buttons.
Inside the ar drone.vi program, the ar drone toolkit is used too. I have the color tracking.vi program too.
Problem is, im still figuring out where shall i interface the input from video, should i interface the color tracking vi within the toolkit in 'Init video'? or in the 'Video FGV'?
Im trying out examples since its better to start from examples as my supervisor says it takes time to start from scratch. Is there any example of how to interface toolkit to color detection or tracking? Any guidance is much appreciated.

ps:
I've tried the FindRed.vi above, but it seems incomplete, which i guess that some of the sub.vi arent available, so its hard to run the program.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,472 Views)