From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coding with labview

HI, I'm new in labview, I've NI MyDAQ assistant , I'm trying to make a code for the four probe method to measure the magneto resistance so I want to record the out put resistance  as a function of temperature or by other meaning I want to record the value of output voltage and the current through the sample and divide them to get the resistance  when the temperature changes by a given step , this step I can adjust it from the program 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(652 Views)

Hello, sounds like a great project. I would start by opening labview then selecting help then select find examples. Once there you can browse all the pre built code to get some ideas of how to get started. 

(631 Views)

Start small.  The myDAQ is a simple, relatively-inexpensive piece of NI Hardware meant to give Engineering students a flexible "lab instrument" that can be a Voltage Source, a Multi-meter (measuring volts, amps, resistance, and with some additional chips/sensors, temperature, acceleration).  The best part is that it is quite portable, allowing you to "bring the Instruments home with you" and learn LabVIEW doing what it does best, serve as an "Engineering Workbench" to let you explore engineering challenges.

To start, you need to learn the basics of LabVIEW, including understanding what a "Data Flow" programming language means.  You should understand the idea of "data flowing in LabVIEW Wires", of the 2-D structure of the graphical Programming Language + Data Flow allows LabVIEW to "naturally" allow (and encurage!) parallel processing, understand how DAQmx, LabVIEW's fairly simple API for interfacing with NI Hardware (such as the A/D, D/A, DIO, etc. inside the myDAQ) allow you to write code that interacts with "are out in the world".

If your school offers a course in LabVIEW, sign up for it, and don't be afraid to discuss LabVIEW Programming with your fellow classmates.  See if you can create a 100 Hz sine wave that you can measure with an oscilloscope, and then plug the output of the signal generator into an A/D converter on the myDAQ and get LabVIEW to input and display a scrolling sinusoidal waveform.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(613 Views)