LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cluster of two elements to signal

hi all! i have doubt.....i have two 1d array. one of them is the measurements i´m taking with my DAQ. the other one is an array i made, depending on the number of measurements (i construct angles from 0º to 360º).

The folowing step is to make a graph, so i can use this two arrays, using the second array as my "X" input, and the measurements in Y, (otherwise, the graph uses the number of measurements as X and the measurements in Y) so i use a convert to dynamic data in both arrays, and I use them as inputs in a built XY graph.

all i need to do then is two things:

to know the max measurement, the max index, the min measurement, the mix index, if it was an array i know how to do it, using the array max & min, but the result of the graph is no longer an array, is a cluster of two elements (two 1d array)

and second, convert this cluster into a signal, so i can use it as a report.

Is there any way to do this??

thanks!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,075 Views)

It would help to attach a small VI so we can better see what you have. The description is not very clear.

Anyway, to get the data out of a cluster, you would just unbundle it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,064 Views)

Here, I´m attaching the VI, I tried to unbundle it before, but the error message is "you have connected terminals of different types"

I´ve simulate a signal to make the VI easier....

I´m sure that I´m making it more difficult that it really is, but I just can´t see it...

Thanks altenbach!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,036 Views)

Well, since your build xy graph express VI does not retain data between calls, you can just tap into the x and y arrays before it. Get the max of the y array, the use the max indices to get the corresponding x values.

(I probably would not use the xy graph express stuff, but here's a quick rewrite using mostly your code)

Download All
Message 4 of 9
(5,021 Views)

Thanks so much Altenbach!!! I see what you did, great idea!!!

I still have a problem though....in the report I still have the number of measurements instead of the angles in "X"...how can solve this problem? Is that what you meant with not using the xy graph express??

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,014 Views)

When you are converting from dynamic data to an 1D array and back, you are stripping out all x information. Simply don't do that!

Here's how you would do it. See the difference in the code? 😄

Of course there are still many flaws in your code. For example the signal simulation does not belong inside the loop, it needs to be calculated only once.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,000 Views)

Yeah! I see the difference!! jaja! It was a quick example of someone who´s on his first steps!!

You´re right, I´m striping the X information, but, anyway, I´m not interested in the X information from the DAQ (number of measurements) that´s why I created an array, simulating the angles. I need, to create, somehow, a signal with my array of angles (X), and the signal from the DAQ (Y, in this case with the simulate signal) so I can take an XY graph to the report...I´ve tried with the bundle, some array functions, and others, with no success until now.....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,972 Views)

As any champion, I usually stay far away from dynamic data and express VIs, thus I am not very familiar with all this.

Your x-values are equally spaced in x, so it is just a matter of rewriting the waveform data x0 and dx. I don't really know how to do that ("set dynamic data attributes" would seem logical, but I don't get it :D).

Here's a clumsy way that seems to work... there must be a better way, though. 😮

Modify as needed.

Message 8 of 9
(4,956 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,911 Views)