From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clear the data buffer

Hi everybody,

when i was continously acquiring the data after sometime it stops the program and it displays a dialog box window mentioning 'Not enough memory to run this program' i don't know what i have to do here, is it mentioning that i need to clear the buffer in a certain particular interval?, if anybody knows try answer my question.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,653 Views)

You obviously have a memory leak caused by references that are not closed or something else.

There are several possible causes. Provide your code if you want some help.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,633 Views)

Hi,

It was actually a small project for loading test to test the beam using 100 tonne capacity load cell, i have attached you a code here i was using usb 6211 to acquire the signal and my problem is at a certain time during program is running it says' Not enough memory to complete this operation' and closes the program automatically and when i look out for the error, where it was happening it denotes the for loop in main while loop, where Daqmx read is used.

Thank you in anticipation of your favourable reply,

regards,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,585 Views)

Well, you do have a forever growing 2D array in there.  I could not find where queue "d" is read, so I do not know what you are trying to do with that data.  You probably also should not have a "snapshot" save, but instead have an "enable logging" so that you can just pass the data directly to the logging loop instead of constantly growing your array and using the local variable.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,580 Views)