From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clear sweeps function in Labview for waverunner 104 mxi scope?

Hi,

I made a driver via labview 8.6, using MAX 4.5, for  lecroy wavrunner 104 Mxi scope. Thanks to IVI, i can acquire my signals, but I need to execute the function 'clear sweeps' on my VI, and it seems to be impossible to dialog via Visa (when i ask '*idn?' it returns error BFFF003B) how can i ask my scope to execute this function in my VI?

Thanks a lot,

RM 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,612 Views)

Hi RM,

Since you are using the IVI driver, you can send a command using the WriteString function.  The command to clear the sweeps is CLSW and can be found in the remote control manual.

Here is a link to the Remote Control Manual for LeCroy X-Stream scopes: http://www.lecroy.com/files/manuals/WM-RCM-E_Rev_D.pdf

The command is described on page 102 of the manual.

The error you are getting is a synchronization error.  I only see this error when I use the VISA Interactive Control from MAX and I select the Async checkbox.

If the checkbox is left unchecked, I do not get this error.

Hope this helps,

Leonard Brown

Applications Engineer

LeCroy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,575 Views)

Thank you a lot for your answer. But, when you say the WriteString function, do you mean the "visawrite"  function? because when i send CLSW or any other command via visawrite, Labview returns me an error too, which is BFFF0011. Is there another way to send strings to my scope?

Thank you again,

RM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,566 Views)

Hi RM,

You mentioned that you are using IVI.  The write string function is part of the IVI driver.  VISAWrite is part of LabVIEW and would not be used to write commands to the scope.  The call to the IVI driver .dll would take care of that.

Are you using the IVI drivers?  If not, download the LabVIEW drivers from the LeCroy website and modify them to suit your application.

You can get them here: http://www.lecroy.com/Support/SoftwareDownload/home.aspx?capid=106&mid=533&smid=

The error code you are getting is telling you that it can not connect to the scope.  It has nothing to do with the command you are sending.

This error usually means that the device is not setup in MAX, or the VISA resource name is not correct.

How are you connecting to the scope?  TCP/IP?  GPIB?

Regards,

Leonard Brown

Applications Engineer

LeCroy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,557 Views)