From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clear all

Hi people,

Maybe you can help me.

I built a program in labview, but when I stop my program I have to clean all, but labview does not have anything tha I can use to do It.

Can anybody help me?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,354 Views)

What are you trying to clear? Can you show your code so that we can see better what you are asking? Initializing controls and indicators is really very easy but we need to see what you are doing to tell you the correct way with what you are doing.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,353 Views)

HI Tim,

My code is attached. I am using a device that calls "Signal Hound". My problem is to clean "the software", because every moment I have to take out the USB from my PC. IF I can clean the program I don't need to do it anymore.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,337 Views)

Call the function SHAPI_Reset() to disconnect cleanly after your loop.

(Silly VB coders. Reset means return the hardware to a known state-  but in this case- it means stop talking to the device  ARGH!)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,332 Views)

Since the nice company provides the source code freely for this library,  Its probably worth mentioning a lesser known LabVIEW feature that might just help you out with this.  Tools>>Import>>Shared Library (DLL)...

This launches a wizard that will look into the dll and .h files parse them and create wrapper VIs for each function for you  (Automatically configuring the CLF nodes!)  

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 5 of 5
(2,328 Views)