From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citadel data lost using dsc 8.2 with labview crash

I seem to have a problem with data being lost from my database that was logged using the DSC module.  I have it set up to auto save data to the database using the deadbands.  I came in to work today and was able to view the data for the last couple of days that I had the program running, using the Historical Data viewer in the dsc module and MAX.

A bit ago I made a modification to the program, unrelated to DSc module, and the program locked up and had to do a hard reboot.  After I restarted the program, I am not able to view the data for the last 3 days (I "undid" my modifications so avoid the crash).  I cannot view it in my program or in MAX.  I am using Max 4.1.

I found some threads and this one seemed to be the most relavent, but it did not solve the problem.  I deleted the local cache and I am still having the same problem.  I have tried restarting my computer after clearing the data, to make sure the citadel service was reinitialized properly (I know that I could have stopped it in the Windows Service control) but that didnt change anything.

any ideas??

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,740 Views)

Hi Kenny,

Try to rebuild the index file for the database.

To do this,
       --Detach the database in MAX
       --stop the DSC processes in the Variable Manager
       --Delete the pid.cdih file located in the database directory
       --Restart the processes
       --Reattach and view the database in MAX.

Tunde

Message Edited by Tunde A on 04-04-2007 05:42 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,724 Views)