LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chart digital display in application

Hi,

in a waveform chart with multiple plots I will also show the plot legend and the digital display. The number of plots shown in the display can be changed programmatically, also the legend and the digital display should change. This works fine in the development environment. Now I build an application with the application builder. The application changes the number of plots shown in the chart, the legend, but not the digital display.

What's wrong?
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,703 Views)

Hello cloud base,

You can have the displays update using the Property Node in a *.exe by going to the Advanced section of your Build Specification.  In there, you can tick the option for 'Enable Enhanced DSC Run-time Support'.  Then 'Build' your application once again.

This should help you .

Regards,

George T.
Senior Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,541 Views)

Hello gt3000,

I tried out your suggestion and it works, but there is the big drawback to install the DSC Modul. I want to use the .exe file on another machine. On the other machine a DSC Run-Time is not installed and I get the error message "Unable to find LabVIEW runtime...". In other words, I don't want to be addicted to DSC Module features with my application. Is there another solution to get the digital display work properly in applications?

best regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,485 Views)

i found this thread while searching for a solution to the same issue--in a compiled application, the number of digital displays on my waveform chart does not update when i use a property node to change the number of rows in the legend, despite that it works fine when i run the program in labview.  i cannot implement the solution given here because my build spec does not include the option mentioned, presumably because i have not purchased or installed the DSC module.  is there a workaround for this bug that does not include purchasing this expensive module??

thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,396 Views)