LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

char string to numeric array and plot it on graph

Hi Friends,

I am working Ms-Access database interface by using LabSql ....

my objective is to read the database and plot it on the xy-graph....
and my database consist of 4 parameters....(ID,length,topseed,bottomspeed)...and all are of integers type

I can able to read the Database..but unable to plot it on the graph..
since the ADO sql execute output parameter type is 2-D char string....and input parameter type to an xy-graph is different....

Help me...how to view these parameters on the xygraph........
length--------------> on X-axis...
topspeed,bottomspeed ------------->on Y-Axis.........

I attached the my testdatabase.vi file ................... in this mail for ur reference...............
please do ur best.....

regards
rajasekar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,913 Views)
Hi
have you considered converting you string characters to numerics

xseadog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,906 Views)
Hi Friend..

I unable to find the conversion for 2-D array of string to 2-D array of Numeric...
I find the conversion function for string to unsigned byte array.But it not useful to my purpose..
could u please see the vi file i attached ..and tell me how to convert the char string to type accepted by xy-graph...
Thanks for ur reply...

regards
rajasekar
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,903 Views)
Hi rajasekar,
the functions in the string/number conversions palette (in string palette) are polymorphic, so you can wire 2D- Arrays of Strings as input. To get whole rows or columns from 2D arrays use index array and wire only the row or column index. And for help about how to get data into the XY graph see the examples in your example finder.
Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,900 Views)
HI,...

Could u please specify the name of the function....
Since I am not having clear idea with this function ,,,,,,,,,,as i am a new user....or send it symbol...

regards
rajasekar
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,898 Views)
Look at attached vi and pic
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,893 Views)