LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing axis in waveform chart

How can I set the x-axis to be something other than time. I want to measure all of my inputs vs. a cycle count. Is there a way to change the axis?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,462 Views)

The axis name is a property in the chart.  You can change it in properties or programatically using a property node.

it is the scales name.

P.S. there is no chart in the attachment.

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,459 Views)

Sorry, I posted the one from yesterday. If I change the name in the property node, will it just change the name? I need it to not be time, and instead be another input, the cycle count. Now that the correct vi is posted, you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,454 Views)
  1. Double-click on the word "Time"
  2. Enter your new text

Why do you have 3 loops in your code? Based on what I see, only 1 is required.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,451 Views)

If I double click on time and change the name, it only changes the name, I want the input to be different, so every cycle the chart advances. Not sure if I'm explaining this correctly. About the multiple loops, can I put the events in the other event structures into the one and just have more

'value change" events?  I wasn't sure that I could do that, plus it worked the way I had it, so that was a plus to me.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,448 Views)

I don't know what you mean by "cycles".

As for the event structure, you do not need to merge all value change events into one. Just keep the separate events but use one event structure.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,442 Views)

there is a boolean on my front panel that is mimicking a microswitch that is to count the table oscillations on my test rig. I want my chart to update according to the number of times the switch makes, instead of time. In other words if my switch make every half a second, the chart will count every half second, if my switch only makes once every ten minutes it will update once every ten minutes.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,438 Views)

If what you want to do is to put 5 displacement channel data points on the chart each time the boolean "fires", then ... you send the 5 displacement data points to the chart each time the boolean fires!  Your code seems to show you adding points each time any of the displacements change (which is certainly legal, but may not be what you intend).  Instead, update the chart with all of the displacements in the "Boolean Value Changed" Event.

My apologies if I misunderstood what you're trying to do ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,420 Views)