From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed list box behavior since Labview 8.X

Resently we upgraded from LV7.1 to LV8.5.1
We created an state machine that execution is controlled by an interpreter that parses text lines. Those text lines are stored in some list boxes so we can easily edit the scripts.
Before LV8.X, it was possible to select and copy and paste several lines at once, what makes it handy for use of scripting.
Since LV8.X this is not longer possible, you have to select and copy line by line instead a whole block of text. And you have to use cumbersome popup menu commands to add or delete lines.

Is it possible to restore the old behavior? I tried the classic list control and even coppied the old LV7.1 list box, but it all acts the same.

I even tried to create an editor that read the items from the list box into a text control for editing and writing it back into the list box after Im done.
But this makes things even worse: Sometimes I got some development enviroment internal error: "an internal error or crash occured at datasupp.cpp line 555" and I can not read the items anymore even if I see they are there. (Look into the ListBoxError.vi; you will get the error message after running the vi closing LV and opening it again.) 

PS.: We cant change to text controls to hold the script, since they "forgott" their content (I dont want to use "Make current value default").

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,236 Views)