From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change value of button in cluster

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

I just made a simple program to make you understand better what am trying to do.

@Ray

Except the Exit button, there are no common buttons which different panels share among themselves.

every panel has a different set of buttons. so again i have to put all the buttons containing in one panel in a cluster and make it visible whenever that panel is active.

that would lead to same problem again.

Ritesh 

Message Edited by ritesh024 on 03-25-2009 08:01 PM
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,169 Views)

Ritesh,

Put the clusters inside the Stop value change case and see what happens. Looks fine to me after doing that, aside from the fact that you can't use references like that with latch actions.

Message Edited by Broken Arrow on 03-25-2009 09:43 AM
Richard

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,149 Views)

even if i put the cluster in the "Stop:Value change" , the other 2 buttons(go to page 1 and go to page 2) will still be having the same issue..

Ritesh 

Message Edited by ritesh024 on 03-25-2009 08:19 PM
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,142 Views)
Ah, it's mostly a visual thing that you are fighting. So, you're also fighting the mechanical actions AND the event struncture. You could do This...
Richard

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,127 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LVCoder

There's actually no need to have a cluster since there are actually 4 unique elements anyway.

Have a look at the attached example (LV8.5.1).  There are no clusters and no Local Variable.  Code is also simpler, no Case Structure.

R

Message 15 of 17
(1,110 Views)
Thank You
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,081 Views)

Glad you liked it.

One key rule to remember with sw.. (or any design)..  Keep it Simple.  🙂

Message 17 of 17
(1,064 Views)