LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change the number of plots on a stacked chart

Hi,

Is it in Labview 2016 runtime possible to change the number of plots on a stacked chart?

I found Stack an Arbitrary Number of Plots on a Chart . But this doesn't work in the runtime engine:  the  Stack Plots? Property  is readonly in rte also in 2016.

Has someone found a solution? Or I have to use a cheat with many waveform charts for all possible numbers (i.e. 1...8) and only  show the active and hide the others?

But it is many work to keep all properties in sync.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,938 Views)

Peter,

please review the context help of the waveform chart. You see how to bundle signals that a stacked display is possible.

If the number of signals is "static", you simply follow this approach, make sure that the plot legend is extended to the same number of plots you want to stack. After extending the plot legend, configure the chart to stack plots.

That is exactly what the example you linked does. Important: This is happening BEFORE the VI is executed.

I imagine that you put that code into the VI itself which will create the error you are seeing.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,850 Views)

Have you tried using the Plot.Visible? property node?  It won't change the number of plots on the chart but it'll change which ones you see.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,846 Views)