From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

case structure

Solved!
Go to solution

Attached is a VI I created, I would like to set up a case where I either input -1 or 1 with an control  in the CN . I tried doing it but Im not sure if its correct

Can someone help me ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,602 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jcist001

First, You may want to read this There may be better ways to run that device.

I can't get at the command reference from Galil so I don't know what possible values there are for CN But likely you need no case stuctures at all!  (The first one is just a boolean "Not" anyway.)  I don't know what "Polarity" does either but, this "Mod" may be a start in the right direction.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 5
(2,593 Views)

The restrictions for my CN command are either a 1 or -1  those are the only two possible choices. I would like some type of control that would let the user only choose between those two values.

Thank YOU!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,585 Views)

@jcist001 wrote:

The restrictions for my CN command are either a 1 or -1  those are the only two possible choices. I would like some type of control that would let the user only choose between those two values.

Thank YOU!!

A Boolean would work

!0.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 5
(2,580 Views)

Try an enum or radiobutton control. Even a two-line listbox would work.

Download All
Message 5 of 5
(2,568 Views)