From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

caracteristic cell pv

Hello, I'm with some difficulty to characterize the IV curve of the PV cell, which object I use in labview to capture the current when the voltage is zero (Ish), and what object I use in labview to capture the voltage when the current is zero (Voc), I'm doing the tests in 2400 Keithley SMU can do the IV curve.
please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,954 Views)

Well, what have you tried?  Do you have the Keithey 2400 drivers installed?  If not, get the from the NI IDN (Help > Find Instrument Drivers) or download them from here:  http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=1583

I haven't used the Keithley SMU but I'm sure the driver makes it easy to get basic measurements and IV curves.  

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,930 Views)
Hello, I'm trying to find the Ish values and V oc in labview. I can create the IV curve with the SMU 2400, but I can not characterize from this chart. thanks for answers
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,914 Views)

This is a math question more than LabVIEW but I'll bet other people around here have done this before.  It seems like a popular school project.  Take a look at this page I found on Voc calculations:  http://www.pveducation.org/pvcdrom/solar-cell-operation/open-circuit-voltage

Hope that gets you started.  If you're stuck on writing the math with LabVIEW VIs post the code you have so we can see your attempt...

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,883 Views)
Hello, attached VI labview, you're right is a mathematical problem labview.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,874 Views)