LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

captions

I was wondering if possible to write to a caption while vi running?  Asking because thought convenient way to save/change comm commands associated with that object.   Thankyou

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,082 Views)

Yes, it is possible. Use a property node set to write the Caption.Text property:

caption.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,072 Views)

@amazed wrote:

I was wondering if possible to write to a caption while vi running?  Asking because thought convenient way to save/change comm commands associated with that object.   Thankyou

What does writing a caption have to do with save/change and objects? Please clarify your question.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,069 Views)

Thankyou HopeH    I did try that but i could not write directly to the caption - only to a text box that then wrote to the caption.  There are workarounds but was just hoping to keep simple.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,059 Views)

Hi Sir

this vi has controls i want user to be able to define commands to a plc  I would typically have an user edit list that i would save to a file with controls associated with new commands.  I though this caption method would be a simpler way to go    Program would just read the captions and send that command.  hope this not confusing. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,056 Views)

@amazed wrote:

I though this caption method would be a simpler way to go 

Seems way more complicated! 😮

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,052 Views)

Just started it - Seemed easy enuf up to this pt. Visually i like it  but as you say - may prove more difficult.  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,040 Views)

What do you mean when you say you can't "write directly to the caption"? I don't understand why you would have to write to a text box (by text box, do you mean string control/indicator?) first. Just wire whatever string you want into the property node.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,023 Views)

Hi HopeH    I want to write to it while in run mode(its for the user )

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,021 Views)

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean? Just changing the caption while in run mode is very simple. Here is an example. Is this what you mean, or something else?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,016 Views)